Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Frontrunner a Hit with 3 and Under Crowd


We took advantage of the free Frontrunner commuter train rides for Family Home Evening last night. Targhee has been especialy excited to check it out since the Layton stop is right across the street from his office. Too bad there isn't a convenient stop near our house to make using the train an option for him. We went to Roy to catch the train and realized that eveyone else in Davis and Weber county had the same idea. The thing was packed! Since none of us has spent time in Asia traveling like cattle, the idea of cramming ourselves onto a packed train for fun didn't apeal. We waited for another train that was slightly less crowded and stood for our ride to Ogden. We waited on that same train for almost an hour to ride one stop back again to Roy. The boys thought it was great, though. Evan has already called Targhee 3 times at work today asking him when we can go on the train again. It was a beautiful night and we were joking that someday when we are old we will talk about riding the Frontrunner the first week it was open the way that our grandparents talk about I-15 being built through here. We wil also laugh someday at all the pictures we have of Jack wearing an orange shirt, since that is the only color we can get him to wear.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

-KJ said...

You are so good. Spence wants to go so bad, but I don't want to take him until it isn't as cool. Ha!
I love that he loves orange!

Flashlight Girl said...

I tried to get Todd to take the kids Monday, but he hates crowds and that sounded crowded. I'm glad your boys had fun! David and I are probably going to take our own little field trip into Odgen (only one station) next week to check it out!

Orange is FANTASTIC! Jesse loves orange, too. He likes when Halloween rolls around, and he can buy orange shirts with dopey stuff on the front. Jack is so COOL!