
There was a day this week that was one I won't soon forget. It was full of fighting and yelling among small boys. Lots of messes and general lack of compliance from the Child children. The end of the day topped it off, though. Jack asked me what I had made for dinner and when I told him he collapsed on the floor in tears. Like I had just run over a beloved pet with the car. Then, after dinner Targhee was being a wonderfully helpful husband and before leaving for his meetings he was bathing Drew. I walked into the bathroom to see Drew in the tub sucking the water from the cleaning rag that I had used to scrub the toilet earlier in the day. I had left it in the tub, meaning to take it to the laundry when I was done cleaning and Targhee assumed it was the washcloth planned for the bath. SO GROSS! I mean that toilet was bad. Apart from our dirty boys, I don't know how many neighbor children had left their mark on the toilet that week. I still throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it. But, from the comforting words of my sister-in-law,"That is why they have an immune system."
4 comments:
I assume the neighbors just heard my reaction to your post -- a nice gag/cry/laugh mix. Despite that, I maintain that you are no less than a superb mother. :)
WHOA! According to Jacob urine is actually 95% water and you could drink it to survive. Learned that in Scouts, in case you're wondering. Truly, I'm shaking with chuckles from over here. Bright side-- you cleaned the bathroom! Seriously, the boys' bathroom requires a lot of motivation and mental prep to tackle. You guys are great. Keep up the adventures. :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I'm putting this in my "You did this and this and this, but at least you didn't do this!" file
Seriously, Julie B. You could drink it to survive? We know where we go after this life - I don't want to live that badly!!! EWWWWW
Oh Jules. That is disgusting! I wonder why kids cry about eating dinner and sucking on a urine rag has just the right taste to enjoy as a snack.
Post a Comment