Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation and Cuzzie Heaven

 

Click on the collages to see pictures up close.

We spent the holiday weekend in Southern Utah. Before you think we are completely insane, we had a good reason. I have the opportunity to write some hotel reviews for a hotel and lodging association and so we stay for free at the hotels that request a review. Targhee's sister and brother-in-law agreed to join us for the fun and they stayed at Grandmother and Papa Jack's place nearby. Jack tells me on a regular basis that he would rather go and live with cuzzies because it is a lot more fun at their house, and because Auntie Dutch is not mean like me. Needless to say, having our cousins with us on vacation was very exciting. We went to Zion National Park to hike for a couple of days. The first day we decided to hike a portion of the Narrows trail. The hike is mostly in the river and was very fun, even though we were a little nervous at first about having the little ones to help along. Targhee had the baby in the backback and Uncle John carried Evan most of the way. Dutch and I helped Jack along in the spots that were sometimes waist deep. The boys all did very well and loved it. What a great experience that we know our kids will remember for a long time!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun! Moab/Zions is one of the places on my list to take my kids - I am thinking that I might have to come out for a month next summer... These last few weekend visits have been way too short!

Marie said...

What an awesome trip! Do you know that I have yet to go to Zion National Park? I've lived in Utah all my life, for heaven's sake. I think I'm missing out. Looks like you had a blast.

Kevin and Corinne said...

looks like you guys are having so much fun! It makes me want to get out to ZIons.

monika said...

How'd you get that gig, Jules? Cute pics.

Rieneke said...

It was an absolute blast and we would love to do it again some time soon!