Monday, March 2, 2009

Sleeping Beauties

 

I find that a big bonus to having children is being able to laugh at their expense. Daily. Don't you ever look in the back seat after they have fallen asleep and just laugh at the fact that they can sleep in those crazy contorted positions? Man, I would have to be really tired. The one of Evan isn't the best. I should have left his head down on his chest where it was before I took the photo. A puddle of drool in his lap. I also love how kids can be having a completely interactive conversation with you and then the next second be out cold. I know that when they get a little older I will have to be more careful about exploiting them for my own entertainment. Until then, let's laugh it up.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Joe said...

Are you open to other people taking a turn at laughing at your kids, say, at church, during sacrament meeting, from the pulpit?

Awesome!

Marie said...

I could never get over how Jack would just fall asleep during Primary in Connie's lap. It's so great that your kids sleep! Crazy and contorted or not, bring on the sleep! When you say your kids are talking to you one minute and sleeping the next, I don't know what that feels like. My kids fight sleep like the plague.

monika said...

Fun post, Jules! You need to teach my how to photoshop! As I was reading this I noticed it was suddenly quiet so I turned around, and sure enough, Jack has fallen asleep in his high chair while eating chocolate chex and watching Monsters, inc. (He's had a rough day of preschool and a playdate.) And YES, he still likes to sit in the high chair in front of the tv. I guess I'm one of those bad Moms! My Jack is famous for falling asleep mid-sentence too!

Rieneke said...

If I'm not driving, I look exactly like them when I'm in a car...and I think people still laugh at my expense! :)