
As some may know we have a pet crab and his name is pinchy. He is a hermit crab and we love him so much. I call him a free range crab because some days the boys let him out of his 'enclosure' and after a few moments of watching him crawl around the boys get bored. As you can imagine, watching a hermit crab crawl around is one step better then watching paint dry or the grass grow. Because of their boredom they walk away and Pinchy gives them the slip. I think the longest time he's spent on 'the range' was about three days and he was recovered from the basement. I can only imagine how he got down there.
What makes this story funny is that we were heading home from my in-laws last night and we drove past the veterinary clinic on 2000 West, Quail Pointe Veterinary Clinic. It's the clinic that has the funny sayings on their marquee. Yesterday, they were advertising 'Pet Pictures'. Yep, you guessed it, Julie suggested that we call for an appointment and take our pet crab pinchy in for a photo sitting.
You can imagine how the phone call would go.
"Hello, Quail Pointe Veterinary Hospital, how can I help you?"
"Yes, this is Julie Child and we would like to schedule an appointment for our pet photo"
"Ok, great what's your pet's name?"
"Pinchy"
"We have an opening on Monday, is 2:00 ok?"
"2:00 on Monday would be great, see you then, good-bye."
"Good-Bye"
Now you can imagine their surprise when we show up for our appointment. What do you think is the craziest pet they have taken a photo of?
8 comments:
Did you really go and get a pet photo? If I had a pet I would go to that Vet too...just because of what they put on their marque. I would love to see the pet photo. Oh, I just remembered that we do have a pet...a potato bug. However I am not sure it is still alive.
So you all know, Targhee wrote this post. I will add a picture, but all literary praise should go to Targ.
At least you can keep your pets alive. Now Brooklyn is begging for a pony. We can't even keep gold fish alive...
Pets. . . I think that Pinchy sounds like an ideal one. Don't lose that guy. You might end up with something worse like a goldfish. Which by-the-way would be just karma for the goldfish(es) I seem to remember being saddled with at a Halloween party a number of years ago. . . I'm just saying.
Go for it. I think we all need to know what the real reaction will be. It's a must.
I've never taken my pets in for professional photos, but I do have plenty of photos that I have taken on my own of things like hermit crabs, giant African millipedes, black emperor scorpions and geckos. I have entertained the thought of entering some of my macro photos of our hermit crab in the state fair- they're totally blue-ribbon quality!
I think the weirdest animal they have taken a picture of is a yellow-bellied whistling marmot. Either that or an anteater. Maybe an playtpus.
But I could be wrong on all of those, because I don't actually know what animals they've taken a picture of. I just think about what animals they could have taken pictures of.
Can you even see Pinchy in the photo or is just a black dot amongst a christmas tree and decorations. That was a funny post Targhee!
Post a Comment