Friday, April 18, 2008
We've Seen One of Those Things Before
That's right. Boy #3. We took the whole family to the ultrasound and the boys were very patient while they looked at the screen full of nothing they could interpret. When we told Jack that we would be going to the doctor to look and see a picture of the baby in Mom's belly he looked at me with this annoyed look and said, "Mom, what are you talking about? I think you're telling me stories." The concept is kind of bizarre even for me. Anyway, we are excited to be a family of boys. The place is already littered with weapons, so why not. Here at our house we will be light on the drama and heavy on the violence. We just need to start the missionary funds (6 years in a row of missionaries). We have not agreed on a name, but we have plenty of time for that. Some of Jack's suggestions have been; Bullseye, Kitty and Russel. Oh, and Cupcake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Well said, "light on the drama, heavy on the violence". You will love having three boys. I think you should go with cupcake!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you!! I think child #4 will change the cycle. At least it worked with us. Keep us posted.
The Childs (or is that children...) are propagating. Good luck. When is the due date?
Gabel liked the name Rusty...similar to Russell...but I told him that wouldn't happen...Rusty Child...no thanks!!Congrats on a boy!! That is very exciting!!
Congratulations! Don't be alarmed. . . I linked to your site through the Pritchetts. . . Anyway, WOW 3 boys! That is simply awesome. Don't kid yourself about less drama than girls. It's just shorter lived and more violent (remember, they have weapons!) The missionary account is no joke. We just started one this year. One the first deposit, Todd came home and announced to Jacob that he had bought his mission suit for him. Puzzled, Jacob looked at him and very matter-of-factly asked, "But Dad, how did you know what size to buy?" Keep smiling!!
Oh my goodness.
Hang in there. ;)
ignore the time stamp... yeah
Congratulations! I'm glad there's great families out there like yours raising good boys. I will be keeping in touch for at least another 20 years so keep one of those boys reserved for Ellie!
Post a Comment